Why Choose Dr. Arun Garg Center for Complete Dentistry?
- Dr. Arun Garg is Founder & President of The International Dental Implant Association (with over 1,000 members)
- Trains 1000+ Dentists / Year
- Professor of Surgery, Division of Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery, University Of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Author of Books on Dental Implants
- Board Certified Orthodontist on Staff, Diplomate of The American Board of Orthodontics
Very professional and easy on the mouth, I fall asleep every time. No pain during procedure and very patient.
We provide anxiety-free dentistry optimizing care for high-fear patients through the use of CONSCIOUS SEDATION. Offering a choice of 3 Sedation options we will ensure that our patients will be completely relaxed through their dental appointments.
Candidate for Sedation Dentistry:
- High levels of fear.
- Have had traumatic dental experiences.
- Difficulty getting numb.
- Bad gag reflex.
- Very sensitive teeth.
- Limited time to complete their dental care.
- Complex dental problems.
- Hate needles and shots.
- Hate noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care.
- Afraid and embarrassed about their teeth.
Conscious Oral Sedation
Oral Sedation. A sedative pill taken by mouth, is safe, convenient and economical. When administered by a qualified dentist such as our dentist, Oral sedation can be more effective and deliver a deeper relaxation state than other forms of sedation. When you come for your free initial consultation, the dentist will review your medical history and will determine if oral sedation is the best sedation option for you.
The Oral Sedation Procedure
The procedure is simple. When you arrive for your treatment you will be given an oral sedative which will put you into a relaxed and comfortable state. You will be awake but very drowsy. The time you spend in the dentist's chair will feel like minutes. Before you know it, the procedure is over, and you will have little recollection of the entire experience.
Laughing Gas is one of the safest and the lightest forms of sedation available. It is non-allergenic and non-irritating. The gas also tends to reduce gag reflexes and saliva flow. Patients will feel totally relaxed during their treatment when sedated with laughing gas.
Laughing Gas Sedation Procedure
A small mask will be placed over the patient’s nose and adjusted so that the patient is comfortable. At this time, the patient will be breathing 100% oxygen.
The dentist will gradually introduce the laughing gas. Once the patient feels completely relaxed, the procedure will begin.
At the conclusion of the sedation dentistry treatment, the patient will once again receive 100% oxygen (for a minimum of 3 - 5 min). At the end of this time, the person should feel absolutely back to normal.
- IV Sedation or "Intravenous Sedation" is administered through a drug directly into a vein. IV Sedation is the most preferred and predictable method of sedation where deep sedation is desired. Profound state of relaxation and amnesia is achieved during IV sedation.
The IV Sedation Procedure
An extremely thin needle is inserted by our anesthesiologist into a vein close to the surface of the skin. IV drip consists of an anti-anxiety medication which puts the patient into a state of deep relaxation. Time will appear to pass very quickly and you will not recall much, or perhaps even nothing at all, of what happened.
A local anesthetic will also be administered in conjunction with this method of dental sedation. When you come for your free initial consultation, the dentist will review your medical history and will determine if IV sedation is the best sedation option for you.
Pulse Oximeter & Blood Pressure Monitoring
During all sedation appointments, the blood pressure and pulse are continually monitored on our patients. In addition, we monitor the oxygen saturation levels of the blood with a pulse oximeter that gently clips onto the finger.
Don't hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health - we don't charge for giving advice!